Friend, it is so simple to be saved! In a world of uncertainty, there is something that one can bank their beliefs upon, The Word of God. Some argue that “man wrote the Bible” so how can I trust what man has said? “Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness…” Proverbs 20:6. Since man will tell everyone else how good he is himself, it is evident that man didn’t write the Bible because the Bible condemns man to a devil’s hell where they will burn for all eternity because of their sin against God. So, man did not write the Bible. Instead, God moved upon men and they penned it down[2 Peter 1:21]. Thus we have it today, to show the way to salvation, and keep us living right until we get to heaven. So, what must you do to be saved?
Be convinced what the Bible tells you about your sin…
1. “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
2. “There is none righteous, no not one.” Romans 3:10
That’s right my friend, no one is free from sin…when you are compared to a Holy God, all are guilty before a Holy God…YOU ARE GUILTY BEFORE GOD!
Be convinced what the Bible tells you about the payment you must pay for your sin…
1. “For the wages of sin is death…” Romans 6:23
2. “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.”Rev. 21:8
It’s convincing when we realize how Holy God is, we compare ourselves to that perfect righteousness, and know we are guilty before Him, and know and fear the hell we are to face because of our sin.
Be convinced what the Bible tells you about the substitute God provided for your sin
1. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
2. “Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation [or substitute] for our sins.” 1 John 4:10
Be convinced of the Bible truth that Jesus rose again from the grave to justify you
1. “For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day, according to the scriptures.” 1 Cor 15:3-4
2. “Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.” Romans 4:25
Be convinced of the Bible truth that you need to repent of your sin
1. “And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.” Acts 17:30
2. “Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.” Acts 20:21
Be convinced that the Bible commands you to call upon him for salvation
1. “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation” Romans 10:10
2. “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
Right now, with a sorrowful heart for your sin, having offended God with it…call upon Jesus Christ at this moment and be saved! Call on Him with these words making them your own…
“Lord Jesus, I need to be saved and I do believe you are the only one that can save me. My goodness won’t do, my religion won’t do, my own righteousness is not enough. Only Jesus Christ is sufficient for my salvation and I confess him right now as my savior . Please save me, cleanse me of my sin, and give me the gift of eternal life. I thank you so much for saving me. I trust your Word that you did because I have called on you to save me. In Jesus name, Amen.”
If you have just been saved, please let us share in your joy by emailing our pastor @ firstname.lastname@example.org.